Personal Data Protection Policy
Grand Venture Technology Limited (“we”,”us”, “our”, or “GVT”) respects the privacy and confidentiality of the personal data of our customers, partners, consultants, contractors, service providers, outsourced third-parties and others who have business dealings with us. We are committed to the implementation of policies, practices and processes to safeguard the collection, use and disclosure of the personal data provided to us, in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) of Singapore.
We have developed this Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) to assist you in understanding how we collect, use, disclose, process and retain your personal data with us.
Please note that you are deemed to have acknowledged and agreed to this Policy, and any amended version thereof, if you continue to use our website. As such, you are encouraged to visit our website from time to time to ensure that you are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
The PDPA defines personal data as “data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access”.
We collect your personal data when you:
- Engage our services through agreements and contracts
- Respond to our marketing
- Participate in our surveys
- Make enquiries
- Correspond with us (including but not limited to correspondence through electronic mail, the phone or other methods of messaging)
- Submit your curriculum vitae, resume and/or job application form to us in response to our recruitment campaigns and advertisements, or when the same is forwarded to or retrieved by us following its submission to recruitment firms or other recruitment intermediaries
Types of Personal Data We Collect About You
The types of personal data we collect about you may include:
- Personal particulars (e.g. identity card/passport details, name, date of birth/age, citizenship, country of residence, education details and employment history)
- Personal contact information (e.g. phone numbers, and residential, mailing and email addresses)
- Purchase information (e.g. purchase history and product/service preferences)
- Financial information (e.g. income, expenses, credit history, and bank account, credit card and debit card information)
- Personal opinions made known to us (e.g. feedback or responses to surveys)
- As we rely on your personal data in our dealings with, and to provide products and services to, you, you shall ensure that at all times the information provided by you to us is correct, accurate and complete. You shall update us in a timely manner of all changes to the information provided to us.
Where you provide personal data relating to a third party (e.g. your kin or any person that you nominate to correspond, or receive delivery of products, for and on your behalf) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of his personal data for the purposes listed below.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We collect personal data for our core business purposes, and we use the personal data we have collected about you for one or more of the following purposes:
- Corresponding with you, including correspondence in connection with marketing, and to notify you about our products, services, updates and upcoming events
- Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority
- Customer care and account management
- Fulfilment of orders and delivery of products and services
- Process job applications and recruitment
- Verifying your identity for the purposes of providing products and services
- Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above
- Any other purposes for which you have provided the information
Who We Disclose Your Personal Data To
We may from time to time disclose your personal data to any personnel of our group or to third parties, whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, in order to carry out the purposes set out above. Please be assured that when we disclose your personal data to such parties, we require them to ensure that any personal data disclosed to them are kept confidential and secure. We may disclose your personal data to:
- Agents, contractors or third-party service providers who provide operational services to GVT
- Business partners, investors, assignees or transferees (actual or prospective) to facilitate business transactions (including but not limited to any merger, acquisition or asset sale)
- Banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers
- Recruitment agencies
- External professional advisors (e.g. recruiters, auditors and lawyers)
- Delivery services, mailing houses, freight and courier services
- Government ministries/departments and law enforcement agencies
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data
It should be noted that we may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your personal data outside Singapore, and we will comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the PDPA.
The purposes listed above may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (e.g. pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you). Your personal data is retained as long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
How We Manage Your Personal Data
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. If you wish to withdraw consent, you should give us reasonable advance notice. You have to be aware, though, of the likely consequences of your withdrawal of consent, e.g. without your personal contact information we may not be able to continue corresponding with you. Your withdrawal may be considered a termination by you of any contractual relationship which you may have with us, and a breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings, and our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
Your request for withdrawal of consent can take the form of an email or letter to us at the contact details provided below.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
How You Can Access and Make Correction to Your Personal Data
You may write in to us, based on reasonable grounds, to find out how we have been using or disclosing your personal data. Before we accede to your request, we may need to verify your identity. We will try to respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to do so, we will let you know and give you an estimate of how much longer we require. We may also charge you a reasonable fee for the man-effort involved in retrieving your records.
How We Ensure the Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable precautions and verification checks to ensure that the personal data we have collected from you is reasonably accurate, complete and up-to-date. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. From time to time, we may do a verification exercise with you to update us on any changes to your personal data.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We will take the necessary security arrangements to protect your personal data that is in our charge or control to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks. We will take reasonable and appropriate measures to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data and will only share your data with authorised persons on a ‘need to know’ basis.
Third-parties engaged by us to process and maintain your personal data on our behalf will be bound by contractual information security arrangements we have with them.
How We Retain Your Personal Data
We will not retain any of your personal data under our charge when it is no longer necessary for any business or legal purposes. Certain retention periods are based on statutory or regulatory requirements. We will ensure that your personal data that no longer has any business or legal use will be destroyed or disposed of in a secure manner. This applies to both paper documents and electronic data stored in databases.
Cookies and Websites
A pixel tag, also known as a web beacon, is an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our website but not on your computer. Pixel tags are usually used in conjunction with cookies and are used to monitor the behaviour of users visiting the website.
You may set up your web browser to block cookies which will in turn disable the pixel tags from monitoring your website visit. You may also remove cookies stored from your computer or mobile device. However, if you do block cookies and pixel tags, you may not be able to use certain features and functions of our website.
Our website may contain links to other websites which are not maintained by us. This Policy only applies to the website of GVT. When visiting these third party websites, you should read their privacy policies which will apply to your use of the websites.
How to Contact Us
If you have any query or feedback regarding this Policy, or any complaint you have relating to how we manage your personal data, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
Grand Venture Technology Limited
2 Changi North Street 1, Singapore 498828
Contact Number: 65 6542 3000
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We treat such queries and complaints seriously and will deal with them confidentially and within reasonable time.
This Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.
Effect of Policy and Changes to Policy
This Policy applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
We may revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.